I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you."
John 14:18

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Baby Stuff

Justin and I made our first purchases for our future child(ren)! We decided to head out for lunch today after church. It is so beautiful out and wanted a place with a patio. On our way we saw a sign for a house sale. I whip the car around so we can investigate. We met a super sweet couple named Jen and Felipe. They are selling almost everything in their house and moving to Southern Mexico. Within minutes I felt like all of us were old friends--they even invited us to come stay with them in Mexico :)

ANYWAY, the awesome part is that we found some really great baby stuff for our someday sweetie. Maybe it was a celebratory action--I think we are still on cloud 9 as a result of our acceptance with the agency!

We got: a BEAUTIFUL dresser (that can also be used as a changing table), a gliding rocking chair ( a really cushy one) with a stool, a bumbo, a boppy pillow, a white bookshelf, a pack n play, a baby gate, and a small (jewelry) box with elephants on it--reminded me of India <3

Their daughter, Ella, is still using the dresser and chair so we have no problem not getting it for a little while. It was a great day--got some great baby stuff and made a couple of new friends!

I'll post pictures when everything is cleaned up :)

2 comments:

  1. Shopping is one of the most fun parts! Glad you got to indulge and get some good deals at the same time!

    ReplyDelete