I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you."
John 14:18

Thursday, January 13, 2011

33 Weeks!

Wow I am big! The good news is I don't feel as big as I look...until I try to go to sleep :) We saw our doctor this week and he said everything looks good. Here is what we learned at our appointment:
  • Baby girl's heart rate was 150--pretty consistent for her, it's always been between 146 and 150
  • She is still head down and he said it's very unlikely for her to move out of position now
  • He said after 35 weeks (IN 2 WEEKS!) he would no longer try to stop labor
  • I will be induced 7-10 days after her due date--so she'll be here on March 13th or before :)
  • We won't have any more ultrasounds...bummer, but I guess that means there is no reason for concern

Justin and I are in full get-ready-for-baby mode! We have been attending our childbirth classes, washing tiny clothes and putting together baby equipment. It is amazing how much stuff such a tiny person can have! We have a bassinet and a stroller in our kitchen, a bouncy seat assembled in her room and a family room with little clothes folded and ready to be put away. She is consuming so much of our house and of course our thoughts and conversations!

After our busy trips around Christmas we were so happy to be home and done traveling. Tonight over dinner, though, we talked a little about taking one last "just the two of us trip". Somewhere close--maybe Pittsburgh--since it's only 1 1/2 hours away. We are beyond excited for her arrival, but do want to enjoy these precious last weeks when it's just the two of us :)

3 comments:

  1. Do it! Do the "last trip." We did that before Luke, then did a "last trip as family of 3" before Evan and a "last trip as a family of 4" before Maiya. Kind of a right of passage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, you're adorable! I love that shirt!

    It is SOOOOOOOO true how consuming children can be! I remember earlier this year we were checking out at Target and our cart was full. Then we realized that the only thing Brian and I had for ourselves was Q-Tips. I was like, "what did we spend money on before kids?" So funny! :-)

    We did the same thing. We went on a little trip right before Molly and it was great! Have fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! My favorite part of preparing for Caroline was washing her little clothes for the first time. There was just something very special about that to me.

    ReplyDelete