I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you."
John 14:18

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fundraising

The cost of adoption can be overwhelming. In order to get our child home from India we'll need a total of about $30,000. We still have about $19,000 to come up with. We are absolutely depending on God to provide. Justin and I believe that it is God who is calling us on this adoption journey and that, because we are obedient, He will provide. We have a sense of peace knowing that with Him all things are possible.
Right now we have 3 fundraising garage sales in the works. One in Indiana over the July 4th weekend, one here in Ohio and one in Michigan! Today while I was posting about the sales on Facebook, a friend suggested that we add a paypal button to our blog. What an awesome idea! We are so blessed to have so many family and friends that are helping to make this adoption possible.
We are also in the process of identifying and applying for scholarships and grants that are aimed at helping families with adoption costs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    We are also trying to adopt from India! I know that Steven Curtis Chapman has grants...you may want to try his organization. Our friends were able to get a grant through his foundation a few years ago!

    Blessings,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete