I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you."
John 14:18

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Lemonade for Love

Today reaffirmed that God has our back. His people have our back, too. Just as soon as we started really focusing on how we are going to finance this adoption, we are blessed. A friend from the preschool I used to work at told us yesterday that she was having a garage sale today. Monica said she was going to set up a lemonade/cookie stand to benefit our adoption :) We were blown away by her thoughtfulness.
The kids posing with Emmy
Justin, Em and I stopped by to say thank you (and take pics for the babe's eventual scrapebook) and learned that her kiddos, and a neighborhood friend, had operated the stand. It was so sweet. The kids were so happy to give us the money they had earned. What a wonderful experience for all of us. It feels good to be loved. What a great lesson for those kids--how good it feels to give to another. God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment