I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you."
John 14:18

Monday, December 13, 2010

We haven't forgotten about you, Indian babe

It's something that people have been asking us--whether or not we are still adopting now that we are pregnant. The answer is yes, of course. Our decision to adopt has never been about infertility issues, although we have come to discover that this is most peoples' assumption. This used to sort of offend me, but now I am using it as an opportunity to educate. Infertility, although a great reason to adopt, isn't the only reason people choose to adopt. For us, the reason to adopt is simple. There is a need for families for children without them. It really is that simple. Justin and I strive to live out our Christian walk and believe that God has called us to adopt.

Of course adoption is not the ideal situation, but it is a necessary one. Ideally, all children would stay with their birth families and in their birth countries. Unfortunately, this is not the reality. There are many reasons that this is not possible--but in a vast majority of cases, it is NOT because the birthparents don't love their children--most times it is exactly the opposite. There is a major need for those of us who are able to be the hands and feet for Jesus. To love and reach out to others, just as He did for all of us. We are beyond excited, albeit nervous in some ways, to grow our family through adoption. We are not naive in thinking everything will go perfectly smooth--but neither will raising our biological child. But we will be a family who is up for the challenges that are ahead. I love the truth that is, "if God is with us-what can stop us"?

To our baby in India--you probably haven't even been conceived, but already we love you. We pray for your birth parents and for you daily. Things won't always be easy for you, but we can promise you this: we love you and will be the best parents we can be for you. You will likely be born in about a year and if it is God's will, we will be united as a family the year after that. You are always a part of our thoughts, prayers and conversations, just as your big sister inside my tummy is. Looking forward to the day we get to bring you home!
Love always, Mommy and Daddy

3 comments:

  1. I haven't checked blogs in a while and this post about made me loose it. Your little frogger and the child from India that is in your heart are two of the luckiest children in the world...I am so thankful that my parents taught me that I was adopted because I was given up in love and I know that you will do the same for your future child. Thank you for sharing this post, I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Tara! I hope you don't mind...I loved this so much, I shared it on Facebook! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious....brings tears to my eyes. Love you!

    ReplyDelete