I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you."
John 14:18

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Update from Appointment

Today we are 37 weeks and 5 days. We saw our doctor today and this is what we learned:
  1. "The baby is not little." He estimates she weighs between 7 and 71/2 pounds right now! I guess we won't be needing many of our newborn clothes! It sounds like baby girl will weigh over eight pounds at birth!
  2. My cervix is slightly shortened, but is completely closed. He said he'd be very surprised if anything happened in the next week.
  3. The baby is still high--another indication it'll be awhile.
  4. She is still head down.
  5. The doctor laughed at how active she was today! Her heart rate was 160+...quite a bit higher than usual, but just fine considering the dance party she was having at the time :)
  6. Next week we'll see a different doctor b/c our regular will be soaking up the sun somewhere warm--must be nice!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like she has some time to do a little more growing! Glad to hear you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of good news! She sounds a little like my Rayna--big and active. Watch out! :-)

    ReplyDelete