I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

"I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you."
John 14:18

Monday, May 28, 2012

New pictures of Jatin!

I can't explain what getting these new pictures of our little boy means to us.  Each time we look at them (daily) we tear up.  He is so beautiful.  He really is and I can't wait to hold his little body in my arms.  He is our son and we love him so much already. 

Lisa told us the following about her visit to Bal Asha Trust:
  1. The orphanage doesn't allow "outsiders" to go inside the residental part of BAT-just the office space.  So, that's where she met Jatin.  We had heard this about BAT and it makes me sad knowing that I likely won't see where our son slept, ate his meals, and played with his friends.  I was hoping we could spend time on his turf before taking him away.  I was counting on taking a bazillion pictures of caregivers, friends, the play area...everything.  This would give him a more complete idea of where (and with who) he spent his first 3.5 years of life.  I was hoping we could play with him where he's comfortable and get to know him a little bit to help him make the biggest transition of his life.  But, it is what it is.
  2. She believes that the language Jatin will understand and speak is Marathi.  She said the director speaks Hindi, but most of the caregivers (hired locally) speak Marathi and they are the ones interacting the most with the children.
  3. Right now in Mumbai there is a judge who is requiring only one trip to India.  She did say that that could change at any time. 
  4. She said to still count on about a year before we can travel. 

Here is our sweet boy--Jatin Ryan Evoy!  We have given Jatin daddy's middle name :)

At the time of Lisa's visit (end of April or beginning of May) Jatin was 34.5" tall and weighed 28 pounds. 



4 comments:

  1. What a blessing! He is adorable!! I've heard that about BAT - one thing we did was go to their facebook page - (don't "friend" them - could get in trouble with that contact) - but there are a few pictures of a playground area - and there is a picture of the entrance door - and another that is so cute of one of the Ayahs spraying water on the kids to keep them cool - they were loving it. Anyway, I've copied these pictures down - there is also a "holiday" type card of a group of kids - so you just might find Jatin in that picture too - and have that for future. I look periodically, because I think these are the only pictures we will get. We will have to find other ways to fill the loss for our kiddos :) ...... praying this next year FLIES by :) Jatin is beautiful :)
    Renae.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jatin Ryan (very cute name) is just adorable!!! He looks so healthy and seems to be developing very well! His height and weight are very good! (He's just a little bit smaller than Caroline.) It looks like they take very good care of the children at Bal Asha Trust. A year seems like a long time, but I know that it will be a bit of a blessing since he is being so well cared for and you are going to be quite busy very soon! :-) You will have more time to give him when it is time to bring him home. God's timing is always perfect, isn't it! I can't wait to see you all together as the Evoy Five!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure why I'm not able to reply to each comment...

    Renae,
    I have checked out BATs fb page...we've printed the holiday picture-Jatin is front and center :) I didn't think about copying the other pictures, but that's a great idea! They posted a few new pictures today! No Jatin, but I love seeing his friends and caregivers, too. Thanks for your kind words-can't wait until you have Lauren in your arms!

    Teresa,
    You are right-God's timing is perfect...even when I don't like it ;) I believe they are taking good care of Jatin, but a year seems like forever to be without him here. The Evoy Five--I like the sound of that! You guys are always in our thoughts and prayers-looking forward to the day when Henna is home with the Baxter Bunch :)

    Lots of love to you both!

    ReplyDelete